Thursday, June 07, 2007

A beautiful early summer day

These are from yesterday. It was a lazy, still not too hot, don't leave the house (except to visit our elderly neighbor and take a walk), do what ever moved us kind of day.


Jesse sharing his lunch with Rosalinafini (beautiful panda) and "Wild Side" (the scary cowboy lion facing the camera).


GIllen telling me about the many adventures he had with his friend Aaron, camping at his house the night before. Gillen brought home six small fish that he caught that we cooked for dinner last night. Delicious.




First Gardenia bloom. Today there are five!

I am cherishing these early bearable days, just as I am Jesse's last week as a six-year-old. As of Flag Day, next Thurs., he will be seven and the dog days may already have settled in down here in GA. But there are things I will continue to savor, even in the real heat, if I try hard enough...

There was a thunderstorm today. I love the smell before they hit. Tonight, Gillen, Jesse and their friend Aaron caught their first fireflies of the season. It's going to be fine.

1 comment:

littlepurplecow said...

I love these photos, and the idea of poking holes in the top of a jar for firefly season.