Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Loads of visiting, and a birthday.

We got to see lots of people this past week. It was a wonderful way to celebrate not going back to school, and Gillen's 12th birthday.

Here are just a few snapshots from the past week. Unfortunately, I didn't take any good pictures of the Traaseths' or Stonebrakers' visits. I'll have to remember them in my mind.

Kimba, from the Atlanta unschooling contingent, at the not-back-to-school party on Monday. We went to the state park out here, Hard Labor Creek, and had the lake and beach pretty much to ourselves! It was so good to see Kimba, Beth, Missy, April and their kids again.

This woman cracks me up.
Here is Kimba with Claudia. It's really nice to have this beach only twenty minutes away.
Below is Max, with Sophie and Gillen. Suddenly, they are all so tall and mature. Another birthday - Katie's. Eating a delicious dinner with Mindy and her kids, their first night here. It was all from the farm, including Gillen's duck.
Sophie, wearing the beautiful apron that Mindy made for me, cooking the duck.
Small firecrackers from Gillen's birthday eve, which we celebrated with the Haworths:I'm glad that we've been busy. It's kept me from thinking too much about the fact that Gillen is twelve. Man. These years went too fast. I feel so lucky to be his mom.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

TWELVE? Oh my lord. I can't even imagine. It goes by too fast.

mindy said...

Thanks again for being the hostess with the most-est :) We loved sharing Gillan's birthday and getting to spend time with you guys.

Shanna said...

Wow! You guys hanging out at HLC! I haven't been there since I was a kid, and there was no one there then either! Happy not-back-to-school day!