Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Some things I learned this week

- I realized how much I live in scarcity and about how much I want to live in abundance as a result of watching a taped lecture given by Lynne Twist. I am brainstorming ways to make money that won't interfere with homeschooling and am excited about some ideas.

- I meditated for nine hours one day (with walking-meditation in there and a silent meal) and realized how much I love to meditate! I had been so afraid of doing this. My body did hurt but it wasn't excruciating and I felt sooo peaceful and grounded in a way I haven't in years. I am creating a more set apart meditation space now in order to do it every morning.

- I learned that I really love Indian pudding and remembered how much I like Grand Marnier.

- My cousin and his family visited our home here for the night on the last night that I was away. Nicolas had thought that only my cousin and his eldest son (who is starting an organic meat and vegetable farm in south GA) were coming. Instead the whole family showed up! All twelve of them! Nicolas created enough dinner and breafast and enough beds for all... wow. My sister says that his motto is "no sweat". So true. I hate that I missed seeing Fritz and his family. They are wonderful. The lesson here is that my husband is all about service! I am a lucky woman.

- The next lesson came today in an email from my friend Dave who is battling the squirrels in Watertown, MA. He found a source for Coyote Urine. Yes. Apparently that is the answer! He sprayed it along the perimeter of his yard and so far they are being repelled! I will find a local source or buy it online and give Gillen an early birthday present.

And finally, I learned how much I am appreciated as a result of being away. It's good to be home.

3 comments:

Donck Family said...

Welcome Home, I was wondering if there were any beds open , it sounds like Nicolas should open and bed and breakfast. sllets 12+ pretty cool. Damien

Madeline Rains said...

Damien, you are all about service as well! Stacy is a lucky woman too. Especially while on bed rest. And yes, there is always a bed here for you at Nicolas' bed and breakfast!

littlepurplecow said...

It's funny how easily you can forget what you love. Welcome home. I'm glad you had such a wonderful experience.