Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"I'm going to the zoo, zoo, zoo...

how about you, you, you" The Taronga Zoo in Sydney that is, at 3:30 in the morning (GA time). I think it's getting towards evening there now. The families have left the animals in peace. It is cooler. The animals are no longer looking like this:



It was a happy, clean zoo and we had a wonderful time there. I am just picking out the ones who look like me right now, in my much sleep-deprived state.

Look at the amazing view the giraffes have of the harbour:

It was less that a week ago that we were there for hours and then decided to walk home. It wasn't that far, if you knew where you were going. We got lost. It was an adventure - a good one, because Zoe stayed very happy and Jesse took on the role of wood and weapon collector (so as to make a shelter for us and give protection) and Gillen was relishing the prospect of climbing the roof to go in the apartment window and let us in (Nicolas and Kenneth were far, far away with all sets of keys).

This zoo day and the good, long, sweaty walk to Mosman Bay seem very far away as I listen to the heater on this quiet winter night in Georgia. I have a great picture of Zoe as a penguin but you'll have to go to
Jesse's new blog to see it. I think I'm finally, maybe a bit sleepy.

No comments: