Wednesday, July 25, 2007

More moon and stars and a beautiful visitor

Lately, we experience a new full moon in Gillen's garden every day, and often in pink.

Soon to be sizzling in a cast iron skillet, Alton Brown and NY Times style.

It took a lot of waiting, yesterday at dusk, to get this shot.

My two SILs are both awaiting the births of their first babies, both due in about six-eight weeks. They are both on bed rest. One at home and one in hospital. Now that is waiting. May their beautiful new babes both arrive safe and soundly as many moons from now as possible and may these two amazing women both be able to stay as patient and positive as they have been so far. Send some good thoughts or prayers their way, if you would. Thanks.

8 comments:

kelli said...

Ooo Yay!! You got one of a hummingbird! I haven't waited patiently enough to get a very good one yet. nice!

GBK Gwyneth said...

Beautiful photos!

Good thoughts heading to those babies on their way...

Madeline Rains said...

Thanks Gwyneth.

Christy said...

Nice hummingbird picture! And the okra is beautiful.

Stephanie said...

I'm not sure if I like the picture of the okra or hummingbird better!
Much light and sustenance sent to your babies and mama's.
Stephanie in slc

Dina said...

Maddie! Amazing photos! This is the first time I've gone to your blog from my laptop. I had no idea there was a musical accompaniment! (We don't have speakers on the other computer.) Fun!

Madeline Rains said...

Dina! I didn't even know you ever read my blog. I am so honored. I am reading the book you lent me by Barbara Sher (I blogged a bit about it above) and though I just started can see how much it applies to me.

Bhu said...

I love your photograph of the okra. Love.