Thursday, June 21, 2007

A date night

Nicolas and I went to dinner and a movie last night. I can't remember the last time we did this, just the two of us. I shouldn't write this publicly as we had gotten a babysitter with other intentions. An Atlanta magazine - Edible Atlanta - that we like a lot had featured our farm this month and we were supposed to go to a party for the magazine. There was a big baseball game last night. The Red Sox were here - oh how I love them (they beat the Braves by a LOT - : ] ) and the traffic would have made us really late to that event. Plus, Nicolas' mom went and represented the farm. OK. Confession over.

We ate Thai, saw "Ocean's 13" and got ink for the computer , not at Target or Walmart, but at Office Depot. There's probably something to say about them but this time, I am not saying it : ] I wish that there were smaller movie theaters around here. Ironically, so many more choices with the big ones means nothing - they are all bad. But looking at George Clooney and Brad Pitt was not a waste of time.

5 comments:

Donck Family said...

"Ocean's 11" you mean Ocean's 13 the one that just came out in the movie's. is it any good?

Madeline Rains said...

yes, "Ocean's 13". It is good. Not as good as "Ocean's 11", which may be why I mis-named it!

julie said...

I adore the Red Sox too, yet another thing we have in common!
:-)

Donck Family said...

Well, I'm a fan of Brad, George and the Red Sox so it sounds like an overall great weekend! This is my first ever blog comment. Damien is walking me through it. It's great to see the updates and the tea looks thirst quenching!

Stacy

Madeline Rains said...

Congratulations Stacy! Now, I can't wait to read you first blog entry...